Sanford Health Supports Veterans
It is our honor to be the provider and employer of choice for our nation’s veterans. We have the utmost respect for our military members and are dedicated to providing them with not only exceptional care but with the employment opportunities they deserve to support their families.
To show our support, we have industry-leading programs to support our heroes during and after service.
- Continuation of Benefits: Servicemen and servicewomen can continue their employment benefits during qualified military deployments.
- Differential Pay Policy: Sanford Health employees who are members of the National Guard or Army Reserve receive supplemental compensation during qualified military deployments of up to 12 months.
- Education Scholarships: Veterans or National Guard, Army Reserve or active-duty military service members are eligible for a $5,000 scholarship from Sanford Health.
- Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR): Sanford Health CEO and President Kelby Krabbenhoft signed a statement pledging to support the military services of employees and advocate for employee participation in the military.
- Remembering Everyone Deployed (R.E.D): All employees are encouraged to show their support and gratitude for deployed service members by wearing red shirts on Fridays.
- Veteran of the Year Award: Each year, we recognize a veteran employee for the work he or she does to influence the lives of others. This award encompasses all Sanford Health locations and regions.
- Partners for Youth Success (PaYS): Sanford Health partners with the United States Army to guarantee young military members an interview and possible employment after their military service.
ESGR Freedom Award
This ESGR award recognizes 15 recipients each year who provide the most outstanding support for their Guard and Reserve employees. Employers are recognized for going beyond workplace requirements to encourage a culture of support through many kinds of policies and programs, support networks, family outreach, and other investments in the well-being of their Guard and Reserve members.
ESGR Pro Patria Awardee
ESGR's Pro Patria recipients have demonstrated the greatest support to Guard and Reserve employees through their leadership and practices, including adopting personnel policies that make it easier for employees to participate in the National Guard and Reserve. This is the highest level award that may be bestowed by an ESGR State Committee.
Military Friendly Employer
The Military Friendly® Company survey investigates and identifies the organizations whose commitment to serving the military and veteran community is comprehensive in scope and meaningful in terms of actual outcomes and impact. From hiring and career advancement to customer service and charitable investment, Military Friendly® Companies lead the way.
Best For Vets Employer
The annual Military Times Best for Vets rankings evaluate companies’ culture, veteran recruiting, veteran policies, and accommodations for members of the National Guard and reserves. The award is earned through determined efforts to recruit and support service members, veterans and military families.
Veterans Affairs officials visit Sanford Veterans Club
Veterans at Sanford Health get recognized for their service whether they’re working or getting health care. Special touches like veterans lanyards, name tags, pins and car decals impressed representatives from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. They toured Sanford USD Medical Center during a visit to Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
“A lot of places might talk like they support veterans, but Sanford really puts it into practice.”
“I feel very valued at Sanford as a Veteran for my experience.”
"As a veteran, Sanford supported my transition process from military to civilian every step of the way."
Sanford Health News
Sanford Health earns Defense Department Freedom Award
It's the highest U.S. government honor for employers of Guard & Reserve members
Sanford Health surprises two workers with veterans awards
One wanted to thank the other; they both were honored at once for their service
Out-of-state veteran finds support in Sanford, community
Life-saving aneurysm procedure, month-long recovery bolstered by veterans groups
$5,000 scholarship available to veterans
Sanford Health is accepting applications until Aug. 31
Jobs by Location
Sanford Health has hospitals, clinics and senior living facilities spread out across more than 250,000 square miles, from small towns to large cities. Click on the map below to find a job opportunity near you. The numbers on the map represent the open positions in that location.
To view a complete listing of Sanford Health facilities, visit sanfordhealth.org/locations