Sanford Health Medical Laboratory Technician Program Director at Bismarck State College - Laboratory in Bismarck, North Dakota
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Technician Program Director at Bismarck State College | Laboratory | Bismarck
State: North Dakota
Department : Clinical Lab
Job Schedule: Full Time
Hours Per Shift: 8 hr
Provide leadership in improving job performance that assists in advancing the skills and expertise of Sanford. Leads the development of system wide associate education programs and onboarding strategies. Utilizes performance technology/consulting and improvement strategies and partners with managers/leaders/ groups to identify and analyze performance gaps to design the most effective educational interventions.
The MLT Program Director will:
• Participate in didactic instruction by teaching in those sections of the program as delineated by contract.
• Develop and administer the didactic and clinical segments of the program, curriculum, selection and supervision of instructors, scheduling of classes and clinical rotations, selection of textbooks, audio-visual and student lab/demonstration materials.
• Supervise instruction in the clinical facilities by coordination with the clinical instructors in each lab section included in the MLT Program curriculum.
• Supervise or participate directly in curriculum planning and development.
• Develop and implement instruments for evaluating student progress, program effectiveness and general continuous qualityimprovement.
• Coordinate/participate in preparation of student clinical rotation assignments.
• Participate in formulation of program admission policies and recruitment.
• Serve as liaison between the college and its clinical affiliates for the MLT Program.
• Ensure NAACLS accreditation of the MLT Program is maintained.
This is a full time position of 40 hours a week.
Must be certified by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists, or a certification agency of equal status, i.e., the National Certification Agency for Medical Laboratory Personnel. The Program Director must hold a faculty appointment in each affiliated academic institution. The appointment may be a regular one, a non-salaried clinical or courtesy appointment, or an adjunct appointment, depending on the regulations of the institution. At this time, no license is required. Master's or doctoral degree and at least three years of experience in clinical laboratory science/medical technology education that includes teaching courses, conducting and supervising clinical laboratory learning experiences, evaluating student achievement, providing input into curriculum development, policy and procedure formulation, and evaluation of program effectiveness.
About Sanford Health:
At Sanford Health, we are dedicated to the work of health and healing. Every day, we show that commitment by delivering the highest quality of care to the communities we serve. We are leaders in health care and strive to provide patients across the region with convenient access to expert medical care, leading-edge technologies and world-class facilities.
In addition to strong clinical care, we are also committed to research, education and community growth. We engage in medical research to not only discover innovative ways to provide care, but also cures for common diseases. We continuously seek new ways to achieve our vision of improving the human condition here in your community, across the region and around the world.
The entire team at Sanford Health recognizes the value of healthy families and communities. We continue to gain momentum and expand our reach. Together, we can make a positive difference now, and in the future.
Sanford is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application, please call 1-877-673-0854 or send an email to email@example.com .
In compliance with federal law requiring employers to verify new employees' U.S.
employment eligibility, Sanford participates in E-Verify. To learn more click here for English Version at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf or here for Spanish Version at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterSpanish.pdf .
State: North Dakota
Job Function: Clinical Care
Job Schedule: Full Time
Req Number: req19364